Snyder Performance Engineering Test and Tune rules
Friday Night Test N Tune’s are open to the public. The driver MUST have proper safety equipment and the car MUST be able to pass tech inspection. You can find the safety requirements below. Safety requirements are based on the speed of the vehicle. Even the slowest cars need seat belts, long pants and closed toed shoes!
Gates open at 4:30 pm and racing starts at 6 pm for all Friday Night Test N Tune’s. Please note that racing may end early some Friday nights depending on car count!
- Racing Entry Fee: $42
- Spectator/Crew: $17
Snyder Performance Engineering Test and Tune rules:
- All drivers must wear long pants, closed toe shoes (no flip flops, sandals, Crocs, etc), and seat belts.
- Helmet 2015 SN, SA, M, or K required at 13.99 and quicker.
- Car must have all wheel studs and lugs nuts on the wheels, tires cannot be showing belts/cords.
- Functional tail light.
- Radiator recovery/overflow (stock is fine).
- Battery hold down (stock is fine).
- Pick up truck beds must be empty and tailgates secured.
- All vehicles must be clean of any water, dirt, mud, or debris that may drop onto the racing surface.
Factory Street provides an opportunity for factory produced hot rods to race legally and safely on a drag strip. The regulations for Factory Street vehicles rely on the manufacturers unaltered standard safety features of the vehicle to be fully functional. Now, owners of newer model Corvettes, Camaros, Hellcats and Mustangs along with their foreign counterparts can do battle on the track in a safe and controlled environment instead of on the street. The WDRA encourages all member tracks to welcome these vehicles into their programs to help curtail illegal street racing.
VEHICLE: limited to any 2008 or newer foreign or domestic production car or truck. Internal combustion or electric vehicle permitted. Proof of registration and valid state or provincial license plates required.
- 2008 -2013 model year vehicles 10.00 and slower 1/4 mile or 6.40 and slower 1/8 mile. Max speed 135 mph.
- 2014 and newer model year vehicles 9.00 and slower 1/4 mile or 5.65 and slower 1/8 mile. Max speed 150 mph.
VEHICLE SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
- Convertibles and T-top entries must meet the minimum specifications listed in the ET bracket section for roll bar and roll cage requirements.
- All the vehicle’s original and unaltered OEM safety equipment is mandatory. The vehicles OEM installed antilock brakes, airbag functions, stability control and seat belts as well as all other OEM safety related systems must always be functional as per manufacturer specifications.
DRIVER: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- SN, SA, M or K-2015 or newer helmet mandatory on all entries running 13.99 (1/4 mile) and 8.59 (1/8 mile) or quicker.
- A minimum of an SFI 3.2A-5 Jacket, and Pants and a 3.3 neck collar are mandatory for vehicles running 9.99 (1/4 mile) and 6.49 (1/8 mile) or quicker.
- All competitors and co-riders are prohibited from wearing shorts, tank tops or bare torsos or legs while competing.
PASSENGERS: 18 years of age or older permitted during non-elimination runs 11.00 and slower 1/4 mile and 7.00 and slower 1/8 mile. All co-riders must utilize the same helmet and protective clothing requirements as the driver. Co-riders are required to sign the event release and waiver and be wrist banded by a track official prior to making a run.
TIRES AND WHEELS: OEM tires and wheels are not mandatory; however all tires must be DOT approved models.
Required driver protective gear:
- Full zip leathers or SFI 40.1/1 or 40.1/2 recommended.
- Footwear covering the ankle
- leather gloves
- leather or kevlar jacket required.
10.99 quarter mile/6.99 eighth mile must also wear leather or kevlar pants.
- Nylon or textile clothing is not permitted.
- Front brakes required, rear brakes recommended.
- Clutch covered required.
- Chain guard covering the width of the chain and extending to the top centerline of the rear sprocket required.
- Working throttle return.
- Working tail light required.
- Rigid front suspension not permitted.
- Closed face helmet, 2015 or newer SN, SA, M, or K required.
- 10.99 quarter/6.99 eighth or quicker must be equipped with a positive ignition cutoff switch attached to the rider with a lanyard. OEM cutoff permitted in place of lanyard. Switch must be on the low voltage side of the circuit.
- 9.99 quarter/6.50 eighth mile or quicker require a current competition license.