Opening day, Saturday, April 1!!
Racers and fans, the time has come, the opening of our 50th anniversary season is here! Join us for test and tune this Saturday, April 1. Gates open at 11am, racing is from noon to 6pm, and is open to all street and drag cars, trucks, bikes, and junior dragsters. $25 to race, $10 for spectators, kids 10 and under free.
PLEASE NOTE: We will be using the Stone Jug Road entrance this weekend, and only the left side pits and ticket booth.
Saturday, April 8, Test N Tune. Chassis certifications (appointment required). Gates open at 11am, racing from noon-6pm.
Saturday, April 15, EVENT #1 - Test N Tune. Gates open at 11am, racing from noon-6pm.
Saturday, April 15, EVENT #2 - Street car test and tune, racing 7pm-11pm
Friday, April 21, Test N Tune. Gates open at 6:00pm, racing from 7:00pm-midnight
Saturday, April 22, SSS Points Day #1, SBRA Points Day #1. 1/8 mile Bracket Racing. Gates open 11am, junior dragsters at noon, big car time trials start at 3pm
Friday, April 28, Test N Tune. Gates open at 6:00pm, racing from 7:00pm-midnight
Saturday, April 29, SSS Points Day #2. 1/4 mile Bracket Racing, plus Bud’s Auto Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock combo eliminator. Gates open 11am, TCR at noon, junior dragsters follow, big car time trials start at 3pm
We are Hiring!
Keystone Raceway Park is hiring for the 2017 season.
Positions are available for starter, water box, head of staging, rear of staging, ticket booth, announcer, entry gate, and EMT. All are welcome to apply.
Carmen's Cafeteria is also hiring.
Please contact Greg Miller if interested by clicking HERE
Notes for 2017
I would like to thank the racers who took the time this weekend to enter their cars, bikes, and junior dragsters as part of the KRP display area in the World of Wheels car show, as well as Jim Senkewitz and the PID Nostalgia racers for their variety of great rides. I am hoping that the warm weather we had this weekend is a good omen for the 50th anniversary season! Saturday was the second most attended day in the 56 years of the show, and the Keystone booth was busy. It was great seeing the racers and fans stopping by and chatting. If you couldn’t make it down to get a calendar, our 2017 schedule will be posted soon. Here are a few reminders and quick highlights I want to share with everyone:
- Pit parking renewal is due by February 28.
- Chassis certifications will be Saturday, April 8, by appointment only. Contact Don Ickes at 412-417-3533 to schedule a time.
- Payouts: There will be no increase in entry fees this season, but the winner’s purse is going up to $1200 in Mike’s Auto Body Top class, $1000 in Latrobe Auto Group Modified class, and $500 in B&R Speed Supply Street class.
- Novice class replaces Trophy: Trophy class is now Millerstown Pic A Part Novice class. Footbrake only, car must be driven in (no trailered cars), DOT tires and exhaust required, 11.50 (1/4 mile, 7.35 in the 1/8 mile) and slower. Racers who have won a class or an event previously, at any track, are not eligible. $15 to enter, winner and runner up get trophies, there WILL be points for those who wish to sign up, no buyback/reentry. Racer's spouses/significant others/crew get free entry into the class with paid crew admission.
- Throwback weekend: Remember in the old Keystone days, racing Friday and Sunday in the same weekend? We’re going to do that one time this season, with points days on Friday, June 30, and Sunday, July 2.
- Points days: There will be 15, 6 of which will be run on the ¼ mile, 9 will be on the 1/8th mile. 6 of those 9 1/8th mile days will be SBRA points days.
- PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals: This will be the actual celebration of the 50th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate a big occasion than with Big Daddy Don Garlits! He will be here all 3 days, September 22-24, and he will be bringing one of the Swamp Rat dragsters to cackle on Saturday night!
That’s just a quick rundown after a busy weekend. Please stay tuned for more announcements, and remember to get your banquet tickets and renew your pit parking!
- Greg Miller, President, G&S Racing Services LLC
2017 is our 50th Anniversary! The well wishes have started already - check out Big Daddy Don Garlits here on this video!