This week's schedule
This week's schedule:
(Sniper Series event only, no test and tune or juniors this weekend):
Please use Stone Jug Road entrance.
**SCHEDULE CHANGE FOR FRIDAY**
Wehave been watching the weather all week for Friday's forecast. While it looks decent overall, with the weather we are having today, and temperatures dropping quickly after the sun sets tomorrow, we are going to play it safe. There will be no racing on Friday, only parking. Gates will be open from 5pm to 9pm on Friday, then reopen Saturday morning at 8:30am. Friday's purse is rolled into Sunday's. Sunday will now be $3500 to win, $1350 runner up, $350 to the semis, $20 round money starting with a 3rd round win. Sunday's single day entry is $80, and reentry is $40. There are 2 time trial sessions on Saturday, starting at 10am. The shootout race will have a time trial, at the completion of the main event $5K.
Friday, April 20, Sniper Series PARKING ONLY from 5pm to 9pm. No racing.
Saturday, April 21, Sniper Series (1/8th mile bracket racing), gates open 8:30am, time trials at 10:00am. See flyer for details.
Sunday, April 22, Sniper Series (1/8th mile bracket racing), gates open 8:30am, time trial at 10:00am. See flyer for details.
* Combination race, one bye per round.
* All run, 1/8th mile. Motorcycles welcome; bikes using a delay box must run with box open body.
* Double entry (all forms) allowed, double entries must use 2 different numbers. No driver may have more than 2 entries; no car can go down the track more than 2 times per round.
* Run order is no box double entries, no box, box door car double entries, box door car, box open body double entries, box open body. No box will be called to the lanes first, if odd number of cars, last no box car runs first box door car. If odd number of box door cars, last box door car will run first box open body car.
* Entries will be paired from quarterfinals on, based on reaction time, lane choice going to the better reaction time in each pair.
*Only no box cars may deep stage, MUST have "DEEP" clearly marked on all four sides of the car.
* First round bye will be given to best reaction time from time trial. Subsequent bye runs given to best winning reaction time of previous round. Ties broken by best package. In the event of an even pairing, bye car has lane choice. Bye runs do not carry over, but the driver remains eligible to earn the bye run again. An entry cannot take 2 byes, unless all remaining entries have previously taken a bye.
* Reentries will run each other one round, with winners advancing to round 2. Reentry round winners are not eligible for Round 2 bye.
* Lane choice: once the lanes run, any late arrivals to the lanes must go to the tail end of the single file lane. Lane choice via a coin flip if single file.
* 100 car minimum for full purse payout. In the event of short field, runner up, semis, and round money guaranteed. Only "Win" subject to prorating. If weather shortens race, we will finish the race following the next day's race. If we are unable to finish on track, then remaining payouts will be split among winners of the last completed round.
* Random inspections may be done at any time. Slew rate controls are expressly prohibited. Infractions may result in DQ, suspension, forfeit of entries, and/or money.
* Box - Crosstalk will always be on, and will not be turned off.
* 64 car shootout will accept preentries, starting one month before each event. Weekend/day entries will be purchased at the gate. In the shootout, no box will be called to the lanes first. If an odd number of no box cars, the last no box car will run the first box car.
We are always watching the weather forecast, and will make any announcements regarding a schedule change or rain out as soon as we can, here and on our Facebook page. You can sign up for our text alert service to be notified of rainouts by clicking this link:
Text alert service
Thank you for a great season!
The full season schedule has been posted, on the link that says "Schedule 2018", or by clicking here:
Chassis certifications will be on Saturday, April 7, by appointment ONLY. Call Don Ickes at 412-417-3533 to schedule. Cash only, pay at the appointment. Sportsman tag required for 9.00 (1/4 mile)/6.00 (1/8th mile) or quicker, or 150mph and faster (1/4 mile), $75, good for 3 years. Pro tag required for 7.50 and quicker (1/4 mile), $100, good for 2 years.
Here are some dates to keep in mind for 2018:
Saturday, March 17 - 2017 season and Keystone Raceway hall of fame banquet, Colton Hall in Claridge
Saturday, March 31 - 2018 season opener, test and tune
May 18-20 - Summit Sportsman Spectacular
Saturday, July 14 - 11th Annual Good Vibrations Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals
July 27-29 - CARS Protection Plus 660 Top Bulb Nationals
August 4-5 - 660 Junior Dragster Nationals
Saturday, August 25 - Night Of Fire
September 19-23 - IHRA Division 3 North Stars Summit Team Finals
September 29-30 - PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals
October 5-7 - Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads
2017 class champions
Congratulations to all the Keystone Raceway Park 2017 Champions!!!
Silver Mine Collectibles Jr. Dragster-
Thomas Wybiral (8-11)
Jamie McBride Jr. (12-17)
Millerstown Pic-A-Part Novice- Carrie Penn
B & R Speed Supply Street- Amy Romeo
Z & M Cycle Sales Motorcycle- Joey Devola
Latrobe Auto Group Modified- Matt Obertanec
Mike's Auto Body Top- Scotty Campbell