Get your banquet tickets!
2016 season and Hall of Fame banquet
Keystone Raceway Park 2016 Season and Hall of Fame Banquet
Notes for 2017
I would like to thank the racers who took the time this weekend to enter their cars, bikes, and junior dragsters as part of the KRP display area in the World of Wheels car show, as well as Jim Senkewitz and the PID Nostalgia racers for their variety of great rides. I am hoping that the warm weather we had this weekend is a good omen for the 50th anniversary season! Saturday was the second most attended day in the 56 years of the show, and the Keystone booth was busy. It was great seeing the racers and fans stopping by and chatting. If you couldn’t make it down to get a calendar, our 2017 schedule will be posted soon. Here are a few reminders and quick highlights I want to share with everyone:
- Pit parking renewal is due by February 28.
- Chassis certifications will be Saturday, April 8, by appointment only. Contact Don Ickes at 412-417-3533 to schedule a time.
- Payouts: There will be no increase in entry fees this season, but the winner’s purse is going up to $1200 in Mike’s Auto Body Top class, $1000 in Latrobe Auto Group Modified class, and $500 in B&R Speed Supply Street class.
- Novice class replaces Trophy: Trophy class is now Millerstown Pic A Part Novice class. Footbrake only, car must be driven in (no trailered cars), DOT tires and exhaust required, 11.50 (1/4 mile, 7.35 in the 1/8 mile) and slower. Racers who have won a class or an event previously, at any track, are not eligible. $15 to enter, winner and runner up get trophies, there WILL be points for those who wish to sign up, no buyback/reentry. Racer's spouses/significant others/crew get free entry into the class with paid crew admission.
- Throwback weekend: Remember in the old Keystone days, racing Friday and Sunday in the same weekend? We’re going to do that one time this season, with points days on Friday, June 30, and Sunday, July 2.
- Points days: There will be 15, 6 of which will be run on the ¼ mile, 9 will be on the 1/8th mile. 6 of those 9 1/8th mile days will be SBRA points days.
- PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals: This will be the actual celebration of the 50th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate a big occasion than with Big Daddy Don Garlits! He will be here all 3 days, September 22-24, and he will be bringing one of the Swamp Rat dragsters to cackle on Saturday night!
That’s just a quick rundown after a busy weekend. Please stay tuned for more announcements, and remember to get your banquet tickets and renew your pit parking!
- Greg Miller, President, G&S Racing Services LLC
2017 is our 50th Anniversary! The well wishes have started already - check out Big Daddy Don Garlits here on this video!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! We are hard at work getting the schedule and events lined up for the 50th anniversary of Keystone! Here are some dates that have been confirmed so far for the 2017 season:
Friday, January 20-Sunday, January 22 (our hardcopy calendar has the incorrect dates - we apologize for any confusion) - We will have a display at the annual World of Wheels car show, held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh. Show details click here.
Tuesday, February 28 - Deadline to renew pit parking
Saturday, March 11 - 2016 racer's and Keystone Raceway hall of fame banquet
Saturday, April 1 - opening day of the 2017 season, test and tune
Friday, June 16-Sunday, June 18 - BGR Championship Series 13th annual Curt George Memorial Race. BGR CS site
Saturday, July 15 - Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit nostalgia alcohol funny cars - 2017 Pace Performance Funny Car Nationals Story here
Friday, July 28-Sunday, July 30 - CARS Protection Plus 660 Top Bulb Nationals
Sunday, August 20 - K&L Motorsports Pittsburgh Classic - All VW day. All VW Car show, swap meet & Drag Racing
Saturday, August 26 - Night Of Fire
Saturday, September 23-Sunday, September 24 - PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals
Friday, October 6 - Sunday, October 8 - Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads
Thursday, October 12 - Sunday, October 15 - SBRA Bracket Finals at Mason Dixon Dragway
Congratulations Team Keystone!
The IHRA DIvision 3 North Stars Summit Team Finals were held this weekend at Keystone Raceway Park. Rain washed out Friday, and threatening weather forced an adjustment to Saturday's schedule. The gambler's race had to be canceled in order to get the main event in, and use Sunday if needed. The racing action was tight in all classes, as the participants maintained their focus on doing well for themselves and their teams. The team championship was also very tight, with Keystone, Quaker City, Beaver Springs, Thompson, Empire, and Lancaster all within a few points of each other through the first few rounds. It wasn't until the semifinals when the team championship was decided. Team Keystone brings home the championship for the 7th time. To all the track operators, participants, and crew, thank you for your patience and support in dealing with the schedule adjustments. The enthusiasm and passion you all showed was tremendous.
To Team Lancaster, we are with you in support of Team Libby.
For Team Keystone, thank you for your support all season long. Each and every point you earned for the team was needed. Congratulations to Kerry Balaska, getting the runner up in Modified, and to Dale Duche, getting the Iron Man in the Top class!
Highlights and final rounds video ----->
We are Hiring!
Keystone Raceway Park is hiring for the 2016 season.
Positions are available for starter, water box, head of staging, rear of staging, ticket booth, announcer, entry gate, and EMT. All are welcome to apply.
Please contact Greg Miller if interested by clicking HERE